- to draw attention to the widespread use of gender-based violence as a political weapon in violation of International Human Rights Conventions.
- to discuss what Governments/NGO’s could and should do to combat and prevent this through the implementation and monitoring of UN SC Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security and its subsequent resolutions.
- to formulate a recommendation on the outcome of the discussion.
NB. We also want to emphasise how empowerment, participation and leadership of women can protect against and prevent violence.
- Hibaaq Osman, Director KARAMA : on the situation in the MENA Region and its solution.
- Speaker on the situation in the Congo and other countries South of the Sahara and its solution.
- Mr Jan Reynders, MenEngage or another member of MenEngage on the situation and role of men.
- Government speaker on the importance of NAP 1325 (National Action Plans).
- Ms Horeya Megahed, IAW Representative at the Arab League on the role of the Arab League.
- Speaker on the role of the Council of Europe
1. Director of KARAMA Ms Hibaaq Osman
2. President of International Alliance of Women Ms Joanna Manganara.